Personal information we collect
Personal information is information that relates to an identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is someone that can be identified both directly and indirectly by their name, location data and identification number or by factors specific to the social, cultural, physiological, genetic, mental or economic identity of the natural person. Personal Information does not include any information that has been anonymized so that it can no longer be used to identify a natural person.
When you use our travel services, we do collect some personal information from you and any devices you use. Personal identifying information can include your name, telephone numbers, address, email addresses and financial information such as card details (in connection with online transactions). Provision of any other personal information is voluntary on your account, but it may become necessary in order to use some of our services, such as when you complete a transaction online.
We automatically collect information about your interaction with our website and communications with us. This is the information that we receive via devices you use when you access our website. This information may include a device identifier, a unique device token, a device type or an advertising identifier. We may also receive location information from your mobile device, but most mobile devices now allow you to disable the use of your location settings on internet browsers. We also collect computer and connection information such as your page view statistics, referral URL, browsing history, IP address and web log information.
We allow you to share pages and information from our website on social media sites, and these social media sites may give us automatic access to personal information they have retained from you, for example, content liked by you or viewed by you, and information about advertisements that you may have been shown or clicked on.
If you allow us access to websites with video content, then you agree that we can share your video viewing information from social media sites for at least two years, unless you withdraw any connections or authorisation of the social media sites. You are in control of the personal information that you allow us to have access to on the privacy settings included on social media sites, and also by the permission you give us when you allow us access to this personal information that is retained by the social media site about you.
How we use the personal information we collect from you
We use your personal information for many business purposes and for different legal reasons. Below is a summary of how we may use your information and for which legal bases.
- To provide you with our travel services and enable servicing of the travel booking
- To fulfil a binding contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations
- To provide account management and payment processing
- To improve, operate and measure our services
- To keep our services safe and secure
- To customize any site content
- To contact you regarding your account
- To resolve any disputes
- To troubleshoot any problems associated with your account
- To collect any dues
If we contact you for any purposes outlined above, it will be via telephone, email, SMS or post.
- We will use location information to provide location based services (i.e. search results and advertising)
- We may also use your personal information to detect, prevent, alleviate and investigate security breaches, fraud and other illegal or prohibited activities
- Personal information is used to pursue some of our legitimate interests (your rights and freedom does not outweigh these interests). We have controls in place to balance your rights with our interests.
Some of our legitimate interests include:
- Improving our services, for example reviewing any information which is associated with crashed or stalled site pages experienced by users, allowing us to fix any issues and ensure you have a better online experience with us.
- Personalising and improving our advertising methods based on our preferences on advertising.
- Contacting you with discount offers and special promotions or surveys as authorised by law.
- Contacting you about any current or public policy events which are related to your ability to use our website and services (this may include letter writing or other public campaigns related to public policy).
- Delivering specifically targeted marketing, promotional deals and service updates that are based on your communication preferences.
- Analysing our open and click rates on email marketing campaigns such as newsletters.
- Monitoring and improving the data and information security of our website
With your consent, we may also use your personal information to provide you with marketing via emails, SMS and telephone calls, provide you with marketing from other third parties, customise any third party advertising that may be visible to you on third party websites, user your geo-location to provide you with location based services and use any sensitive personal information to make transactions smoother. Please note you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Change of ownership
In the unlikely event that there is a change of ownership, we may share information with them (in accordance with international privacy standards). We will require that the new organisation will follow this privacy notice to respect any personal information given. If we handle your personal information for any purposes not included in this policy, you will receive a notification prior to the processing of this information for the new purposes.